Position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating client product movements by improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of pickers, drivers and other direct reports controlling the processes of product delivery, scheduling of staff and work operations in the department in a safe, quality oriented, and efficient manner.
This position will be part of a team managing a daily client account.
Your basic working hours will be between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, although you may have to work longer if you have deadlines to meet.
You will be office-based but will also travel to meet clients occasionally.
With experience, you could progress to become an account manager or account director as many have.
Your routine tasks are likely to include:
- Conversations with clients to discuss their sampling/delivery needs
- Working with account planners to devise a way of working that meets the client’s brief and budget
- Presenting ideas and costings to clients
- Briefing the logistics team who will deliver product
- Negotiating with clients, solving any problems and making sure deadlines are met
- Checking and reporting on the delivery/logistics progress
- Keeping in contact with the client at all stages
- Managing the account’s budget and invoicing the client
- Making ‘pitches’ to win new business as part of the team
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
To be a successful account executive you’ll need:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- The ability to be part of a team
- A willingness to work, often under pressure
- Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference, a “Will Do” attitude.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the successful performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Our Culture and Core Values here at Clements are built around giving everyone the opportunity to contribute both their ideas and their hard work. You will have the opportunity to grow, learn, and make a difference in the company and your community, and be recognized and rewarded for it. We build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Clements Limited, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
If you are interested in this position can you in the first instance please email a copy of your current CV together with a covering letter to:
Charlotte Ayres – firstname.lastname@example.org