The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving materials and / or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
- Manage and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including:
- Filling and shipping customer orders, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation,
- receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel,
- filling work orders from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods,
- ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged
- overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associated qualification(s) together with relevant warehouse experience (including previous supervisory experience), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Counter Balance Forklift truck licence
This is a fantastic opportunity with a competitive salary.
If you are interested in this position can you in the first instance please email a copy of your current CV together with a covering letter stating current salary to: –
Charlotte Ayres – email@example.com